On 2018-04-06 02:39 PM, Andrey Grodzovsky wrote:
>> Am 06.04.2018 um 13:23 schrieb Andrey Grodzovsky:
>>>
>>> Me and Alex talked to a BIOS guys yesterday exactly about that, a
>>> dynamic way to query this info from BIOS, he just told us to reserve
>>> 32M to cover 4K display.

How about reading DCE registers?

> At least the second patch somehow addresses the memory waste concern,
> the reservation will be very transient, during late init the BO will get
> freed.
Sure, I don't think anybody's concerned about that. My concerns are:

* In the cases where we still only reserve 256K, there will likely still
  be artifacts during driver initialization.

* 32M might still not be enough in some cases, e.g. 5K / 8K displays.

P.S. Please don't top-post.