On 04/06/2018 09:34 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
On 2018-04-06 02:39 PM, Andrey Grodzovsky wrote:
Am 06.04.2018 um 13:23 schrieb Andrey Grodzovsky:
Me and Alex talked to a BIOS guys yesterday exactly about that, a
dynamic way to query this info from BIOS, he just told us to reserve
32M to cover 4K display.
How about reading DCE registers?

I can try and consult with DAL on this.

At least the second patch somehow addresses the memory waste concern,
the reservation will be very transient, during late init the BO will get
freed.
Sure, I don't think anybody's concerned about that. My concerns are:

* In the cases where we still only reserve 256K, there will likely still
   be artifacts during driver initialization.

* 32M might still not be enough in some cases, e.g. 5K / 8K displays.

I see your point, as I said above, will again try to find out if there is still a way to know the BIOS FB size.

Andrey

P.S. Please don't top-post.