Hello Dave,

Yes, that is my view but I hadn't spelled it out.

100% PA is quite achieveable for small traders but that would become
more difficult as the account grows.

I assume 90% of traders would be happy to cap their trading account
at a manageable level and live off the proceeds, plus draw off the
excess and invest it elsewhere, in which case the triple figures
would continue.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "dave_88_1961" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> 100% can be made in the early years but as the account grows returns
> diminish.
>
> Dave
>

> --- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@> wrote:
> >

> > >A profit of 1% per day, every trading day, grows so fast that the
> > >account balance is larger than all the real estate in the US in
just
> > >a few years.
> >
> > Hypothetical numbers can be quoted to create a desired effect
e.g. if
> > we put it this way, things look a lot different:
> >
> > A trader starting with $100K who returns 100%PA on average, and
> > trades for 10 years, would be able to afford to buy a home in San
> > Jose Calfornia, but not the best one in the area.
> >
> > Do you think many traders with that kind of performance would
> > continue to trade after 10 successful years?
> >
> > brian_z
> >

> > --- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "brian_z111" brian_z111@ wrote:
> > >
> > > I draw your attention to the following article, especially item
3:

> > > "Who is the most unusual trader you ever interviewed"?
> > >
> > > http://www.moneybags.com.au/profile.asp?id=1363
> > >
> > > Two consecutive 300%PA plus public performances from Mark Cook.
> > >
> > > It is possible that he was just incredibly lucky (are we fooled
by
> > > randomness a la Taleb)?
> > >
> > > He was also incredibly lucky for a period spanning 6 years
before
> > > that (trading bonds and stock indexes!)
> > >
> > > Note that the period 1992-1993 when he publically achieved those
> > > results was not a particularly outstanding two years for
equities.

> > > brian_z
> > >

> > > --- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@>

> > > year,