Hi,

Not wanting to annoy people, this is what has happened.

I was using 3.2 I think but have just got 3.5.

In the earlier version this is what I used to do:

I have the main window open with the main talking is happening.

I want to greet someone, I select their nick and press a function key.  This
puts a message in the main window and sends them a /msg and /ctcp ......
sound ......

I may not have a /query window open at this time.

Saying I do:

I see another person I like, select their nick and press the key again.

That person sees the greeting in the main window and gets the /msg text
privatly.

Now I have updated the program, I open the first chat (/query) window, and
select the second person and press the function key.

  The first query window gets the message for the second person.   AARRGGHH!

Ok, I am sure there is a setting I have to alter.

My "complaint" is why was the default changed?

I am now reading the "what's new" list and I am struggling to understand it
all.  Granted I don't use many of the functions, so that is to be
understood.

There are things pointed out that have changed but there is no quick links
to them that go into the full explination of how to use them or explain
what has changed.

(Sorry, I can't drag and drop from Multiview so I can't show you another
example of my problem.)

It is to do with the "tray window".....   (Blank look from me).  /:-/

Can someone tell me how to get the feature I mentioned to be the way it used
to be?

Thanks.

Next question:

It is mentioned that loging can now have time stamping on it.  (channel
window and logs now have a (configurable) timestamp.)

I look in the settings/logging and there are:
Channel log filename - yeah, I can undestand that.
Dialog log filename - Losing me
URL log filename - lost me.

So trying to think about it......

The channel log filename is the fileNAME of ALL text in the channel.
Dialog log filename is ONLY the TEXT and the URL log filename is the URLs
only.

So at the end of the line I see all the % options.
But the FILENAME implies the name of the FILE, not the data on the lines.

How do I turn on time stamping on LOG files ONLY?

(Granted I have it turned off in GUI/timestaps but that doesn't really give
me ALL the mentioned options)

In the .guide file, the confiruration window calls it the "interface" and
not GUI.  Small point.

I also notice that the Green colour has changed from light (bright) Green to
a darker green.  Ok, no big deal, but I can't understand why if the colours
are "standard".

Cya!
--
I'd love to, but it's my parakeet's bowling night!

Andrew Bruno
[EMAIL PROTECTED]