On Mon 26-Mar-2001  1:44p, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
a> i> Ehm, I have no clue of what those modes do, Since they are extensions
a> i> not the standard ircd. And amirc only promises support to the rfc..

a> i> Thats all i can say... =) (Ie, Not a real bug.. but if it is a bug
a> i> then where is it? In the ircd or in amirc? =))

a> +I is 'no invites' (people aren't allowed to invite people to the room)
a> +S is strip colorcodes

a> Yes, they aren't part of the "standard", but I still think it's a bug if
a> it breaks the whole client when it sees something it doesn't understand.
a> What if new flags get added to "the standard"?  We have to wait around a
a> few months for a fix?

a> It should pick out the modes it DOES support, and just ignore the rest.

I agree with that.

At the very least the buttons need to be changed a bit.

From: TNSIPMLKBEI
to  : tnsipmlkbeI

You can't have TWO I's =)   only one I and one i.

And as to the person who said AmIRC can only promise support for the way
outdated RFC, well, that's just silly.  Guess we should rip out colors and
the expanded modes that are already there (but don't work apparently on
all networks, or maybe any?), and just go back to the RFC.  Yeah, that's it!

Maybe we should just all run IRCII.

John

DR. John M. Hoyt / AKA Warren Peace  -  AmiCon Communications
                       or WarNPeace  -  ExodusIRC.Net Network Administrator

                       [Find me on irc.amicon.net!]