Bob, I was referring to the tube Grommes.  Saw a nice looking one in
the flea at Dayton for around $90 and I stupidly took a pass, then
changed my mind about 10 minutes later but by then it had gone.  A
couple months later in the summer I saw another one at the Six Meter
Club/Antique Radio Club swapmeet in Wheaton IL near Chicago that was
around $80.  Now, these were fairly low powered, probably only 10 to
20 watts and mono.  A buddy of mine grabbed the one at the hamfest in
Wheaton.  I've been coveting it ever since hi hi.  Actually made a
casual offer to buy it (he hasn't used it for anything yet) not too
long ago.  No deal.  He knows it's a good one, and it is beautiful.
So, keep ur eyes open, they're out there.

Why do I want them?   I'm no audio guy.  I like the small tube amps to
boost the product detector audio to drive speakers and give that tube
boatanchor sound out the back of a solid state transceiver.   I'm
getting by perfectly well with old Heathkit 12 w. p.p. mono amps
though.  I can fill the house with 75 meter AM audio on a Saturday
afternoon if I want to.

73

Rob
K5UJ