From: Jim Wilhite [mailto:w...@brightok.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:39 AM
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] You must see this.

Did you see that frequency response claim?  1/2 Db from 21 to 20 K.  Now
that is flat.  In my world I have some trouble understanding why people
buy a Lexus when a Mazda or Toyota will get one around quite nicely for
much less, but that is the free market.

What is disconcerting about building this type of equipment is that if
something happens to the owner most of the stuff is going to the
landfill.  At least most ham equipment was transferred or sold to other
hams that kept it in the circle, but when you cross over into consumer
goods, that is gone and with it a lot of parts.

I notice the $85,000 price tag is from Christmas Eve in 2000.  Wonder
why they haven't raised their prices.  Can you imagine an set of
transformers for an amp at $28,400?  Boy what I could do with that kind
of money and have left over.

73

Jim/W5JO