From: amradio-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:amradio-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of rbethman
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 2:29 PM
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] AM IARU Region 2 Bandplan

This is wonderful in theory.

So what are we supposed to do with WWII era equipment such as BC-610s?

The entire audio chain goes from 400 to 3500cps.  Guess I'll just
continue along as I have been doing since I got both of them.

I do run a monitor scope, and I know it is clean.  I do have to throttle
it down with regard to audio gain.  If I don't, the PEP out WILL exceed
2000W in a heartbeat!

I found this out after finally getting a peak reading Bird.  I was
hitting 2500W PEP and hadn't known this as earlier I only had to worry
about my Amp Supply LK-500ZB.

I certainly am NOT running music!  The resting carrier is "mighty" close
to 400W.

Bob - N0DGN