--- On Sat, 2/27/10, Reid Crowe <[email protected]> wrote:

> From: Reid Crowe <[email protected]>
> Subject: [amsat-bb]  Transporting HT and Arrow Antenna on commercial flight
> To: [email protected]
> Received: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 10:44 PM
> Has anyone had luck with transporting
> an HT on a commercial flight in 
> their carry on luggage recently?  I doubt I'd have
> much luck with 
> transporting an arrow antenna in my carry on.  Any
> thoughts?

Two months ago, I had no problem getting my Arrow onto a plane.  I simply 
disassembled part of it and put the pieces inside my suitcase.  When my luggage 
was scanned, I was queried about it and I explained what it was for.  No 
further questions were asked.

Getting all my radio gear through the security check was relatively easy.  By 
comparison, I always had to take my laptop out and have it examined.

73s

Bernhard VA6BMJ @ DO33FL




      __________________________________________________________________
Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane with All new Yahoo! 
Mail: http://ca.promos.yahoo.com/newmail/overview2/
_______________________________________________
Sent via [email protected]. Opinions expressed are those of the author.
Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
Subscription settings: http://amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb

Reply via email to