When Clint wins the lottery ...

I am going to have 10,000 or so handhelds (sorry, guys) made that are truly 
useable by the visually-impaired - and give 'em away to that community. Voice 
prompts and voice when any key is touched. An intelligently-laid-out keypad 
that gets spec'd to me by HandiHams. Something TRULY appreciated by that 
community. 

I have seen visually-impaired hams work with the old ADI AT-600 - which was 
well-received. But there's so much more than can be put into an HT. I mean, 
hams liked the AT-600 (and Kenwood TH-F6a) because it "beeped" at certain 
points when programming (like when you scrolled CTCSS and hit 100.0hz). But we 
need to build voice into every step of programming. The technology is there. 

OK. Enough for Clint's off-topic rant. But if you ever see me on CNN as a 
lottery winner - expect a GREAT handheld radio for the visually-impaired about 
six months thereafter.

Clint, K6LCS
_______________________________________________
Sent via [email protected]. Opinions expressed are those of the author.
Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
Subscription settings: http://amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb

Reply via email to