On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 17:52:37 -0700, Jeff Moore wrote:

>This is a bunch of baloney!
>
>Stick to the standard and it will work fine.

Experience trumps experts. I have a friend who's name went into the log as
"Dred" because a South American ham kept hearing "Golf" as "Dog". So much for
standards.

I'll repeat my call several times to weak DX with the "standard" phonetics
before switching to Geo name phonetics, which almost always get through in the
first try. I'd rather be able to log the contact than please the standard
bearers.

Or maybe I should just use the amplifier more often....

73

-Jim

--
It's been said that if you give a million monkeys a typewriter each, one of
them will eventually type Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this