At 04:06 AM 6/10/2011, Tom Schaefer, NY4I wrote:
>This is a great thread.
>
>Well, I am going to continue with full doppler and just resolve
>myself to tuning in some people that are not quite there yet. As a
>lot, I would think adding computer control to handle full doppler
>would not be that big a deal nowadays as most of the programs
>support it. I am not telling you how to spend your money though. The
>big test will be at Field Day when I am using full doppler and
>listening to everyone do the doppler-shuffle. :)

When I get my antennas sorted, I'm in the computer controlled camp
(which was helpful for testing).  I may be able to solve a few issues
by taking the Macbook into the field and using it to provide Doppler
correction for a mobile/portable station.  Computer control will save
me a couple of arms adjusting VFOs, so I'll be free to point the
antenna at the right patch of sky. :)

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com