From: "HB9OMQ" <hb9...@bluewin.ch>
To: "Amsat-Bb" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>; <tok...@myranch.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:25 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: az-rotor

Al,
To eliminate the position pot from the circuit substitute it with
two fixed resistors, ie. 220 Ohm 1/4 Watt. By connecting terminal 2 to 1,
2 to 3 and 2 to the middle point of the to resistors you my simulate -180°
360°
and +180°. You my also use more resistors, for more positions.
Then adjust the out voltage for 5V reading when the terminal 2 is connected
to 1 and
the meter for full scale reading 180° South. Leave the Out output open, no
tracking
interface connected.
If you connect then Terminal 2 to the middle point of the resistors, you
should read 2.5V
at the Out output and 360° on the scale.
As suggested, the position pot is fed by a 7806 Voltage Regulator, which may
oscillate.

73 HB9OMQ