A dish like in the picture probably has a beam-width of 15-ish degrees. I used a 30 inch BBQ grill antenna for AO-40, and would notice a drop-off when mis-aimed by about that much. ISS moves VERY quickly compared to AO-40, so some sort of active positioning on both axis is going to be required.

I need to get that dish back up on the rotisserie...

Greg  KO6TH

Roger wrote:
Anybody off the top of their heads know how many degrees a second swing are (is?) required for direct aim at the ISS? I know there are beam width tolerances, altitude variations and degree above horizon variations but I'm looking at Bob B's fixed antenna aiming of 15-20 degrees above horizon to evaluate swinging a dish without torque eating up the drive train...

Roger
WA1KAT