I made my first satellite contact in 1993, a year after I was first licensed. That first contact was due to a lot of elmering by Walt, KA6VNU, and the skill of Mel, KW7E, on the other end of the contact. Since then I have made countless contacts on my own, elmered others through their first contacts, and learned something from each and every one. New puzzles were answered by the many generous and knowledgeable participants in this bulletin board, including you. I've had an incredible experience, and it's not over yet.

I hardly call that "nothing".

Greg KO6TH

i8cvs wrote:
Many years ago early in 1972 I joined AMSAT because they
promised us to communicate worlwide much better than using
the HF but things changed and our antennas are becaming
rusty over the roof for very small or for nothing........Sorry !