I tried Drag and Drop on Linux, works fine, other people tried it on
Windows, works fine too! :) Just you need to have tkdnd installed (Maybe
add a warning to the user, and a custom path for it in Preferences -
Others?)

It's just not perfect, as Karel also noticed:

20:36 < scapor> vivia: I saw for dnd you strip the file:// from the path
20:36 < scapor> but in fact you just strpit the 7 first characters
20:37 < scapor> is it always likethat ?
20:37 < scapor> can't teh fileselector give a smb:// or something ?
20:38 <@vivia> scapor: well... find a better idea... strip until indexof
:// or
               something?
20:39 < scapor> well .. I dunno :)
20:39 < scapor> just cwanted to tell you the idea ;)
20:39 <@vivia> scapor: it is an ugly way to do it indeed, but... oh well
:)

---

"Where is the life that we have lost in living?
 Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?
 Where is the knowledge that we have lost in information?"

OEO;