ok, thx.
btw, if you want to test without a mic, do it like me :
windows : select audio volume, select "recording" in the properties, then check
the 'select' checkbox under "stereo mix", then you can play your favorite
song/movie/whatever and when you'll record, it will record what was playing
on your headphones...
Linux : same thing, apart from the fact that you need to open aumix, go to
'volume' and press space for it to record from the global volume... then play
something and record... humm, it says 'can't access the device', oh yeah,
that's bad, then do this :
sleep 5 && mpg123 /path/to/your/song.mp3
and then you have 5 seconds to go on the chatwindow, click and hold until the
song begins and records from it...
yeah I know, it's weird but I don't know why you can't record while /dev/dsp is
being used for playing, but someone can play while /dev/dsp is used for
recording...

oh and btw.. if you don't see anything appearing in your chatwindow input box
when you are recording, then you must upgrade to libsnack 2.2.9 or later... and
no, the 'package require snack' will always show "2.2" whether it is
2.2.0 or 2.2.5 or 2.2.10 ...

KKRT