On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 06:39:15PM +0200, NoWhereMan wrote:

> [...]
Gaim's GUI is crap :p

> > and btw, you do see
> > what difference chameleon does.. and all it does is change some of the
> > dialogs, but the CL and the CW don't
> > change at all..
>
> if you use chameleon you may (quite) say the only thing really ugly about tk
> is the antialiasing thing. and that it is not native XD

Tk 8.5 has AA fonts...

> > and that's what we use mainly with amsn (+the menus).. anyways, I don't
> > care. And I don't use
> > kde/gnome so that's why I don't have this 'integration' issue ;)
>
> well... whatever WM you use, a graphic toolkit is being used, so unless
> you're on NeXT, your apps are using either gtk or qt... no escape (apart
> from tk ;))
>
> bye

Well, I use enlightenment, so it's not gtk/qt, and the apps I use.. well, apart
from xterm, gkrellm and amsn,
I don't use any ... so the only toolkit I see is X (xterm/gkrellm uses which
toolkit?) and tk... which is why
I never thought tk was ugly... actually, the qt/gtk apps I usually avoid
because they force the loading of
kde_launcher and gnome-shit and stuff... which I hate :p (I like to do a 'ps
fax' and know that I'm the one
who launched each of the processes...)

KKRT