Humm... good point, then remind is in cause.. I never had any problems with it,
but maybe i just don't notice... and you say log viewer doesn't have
this problem ?
then maybe looking at the difference one line at a time could help..
or maybe (just an idea like that), doing inserts on a text widget before it is
mapped on the screen is slow, so maybe doing an 'update idletasks'
would help...
if no solution is found.. doing an update every X iteration of the read loop
will avoid the 'freezing' effect...

KKRT