I would vote for 'set file' rather than set dir... + use 'set file [file
join [::config::getKey nudgepluginpath] nudge.wav]" rather than do a
"$dir/nudge.wav"...
and also.. WTF!? the directory is stored in amsn config ???... (I know, it's
not your code)!!! config keys should only be used by amsn core.. plugins
should have their own config... also, for the dir path, it just needs to be
stored in a namespace variable, not stored in a permanent config key..
also note, that it's better to do [set dir [file dirname $filename]] rather
than [set dir [string range $filename 0 end-10]]... :p
anyways, patch seems good apart from that.. i'll show you how to commit it
later...

Thanks!
KaKaRoTo