cool, looks good apart from some typos (see below), but I just noticed
something in the logic... you use [file exists] to check for whether the
file exists or not... but GetSkinFile actually always returns a valid file!
If it can't find the file (checks multiple locations), then it will return
the 'null' file, which, in the case of the sounds directory will be a .wav
file with no sound (so that code that depends on GetSkinFile always get a
valid file).
Actually, you should be calling [::skin::GetSkinFile sounds nudge.wav ""
$plugindir] and let the GetSkinFile proc automatically return the file from
the plugin directory if it's not found anywhere else!
Fix your patch with that, then you can commit it directly to SVN!

p.s.: your patch was wrong anyways, you do a 'set file', then use $filename,
and you also did the 'set dir [file dirname $filename]' only in the else,
not in the if, so the $dir was not always set... Make sure you test your fix
with a nudge.wav file in the skin dir and without the file in the skin dir
and make sure the nudge works, then commit it!

Thanks :)
KaKaRoTo