Jeremy Wadsack wrote:
!Aengus Lawlor wrote:
!
!> Is there a way to get Analog to dumpt the lines it doesn't recognize
!> into a file, so that I can analyze them to figure out what the
!problem > might be?
!
!Well, analog will output all the bad lines to STDERR.

Not on my machine, it doesn't. It just gives a "Large number of corrupt
entries" error.

!And, (as I learned
!earlier today) this can be logged to a file on Windows NT, Borne or Korn
!shell by using
!   analog 2> analog.log
!Of course, this will include all of the rest of analog's warnings and
!errors, and each line will be prepended by a C:, but they'll be there. You
!could also write a scrip to process this log if you needed just those
!lines (for instance, only read lines beginning with C:, or something).

This is where I sheepishly admit that I never tried DEBUG ON, which does
indeed display the corrupt lines. As it happens, the problem appears to
have had something to do with logfile lines starting with CHR$(0) and all
debug mode gave me for my trouble was a couple of thousand lines with just
C: at the start, and nothing else. Opening the log file in a text editor,
and just saving it converted the null chars to spaces, and seems to have
fixed the problem was.

!Jeremy Wadsack

Aengus