On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Mark Avnet wrote:

> Hi.  I am new to Analog, and I now have it up and running, except for
> one glitch that I cannot seem to get past.  I am using Apache and,
> therefore, the Apache log format.  My problem is that when I run Analog,
> it tells me that there was one successful request and 372 corrupt
> logfile lines.  I looked through the logfile, and the format seems to be
> right, but I continue to get these results.  Any ideas?

Well, presumably the format isn't right in some way -- or maybe just
the top line isn't, which analog uses to diagnose the format.

There isn't a single Apache format. Look in docs/logfile.html for the
definitions of the standard formats which analog recognises, and some common
problems with them. If you logfile is not in one of those formats given
there, you will need to write a LOGFORMAT command for it.

If you still can't figure it out, post the top 5 to 10 lines of your logfile
here, and we'll have a look.

--
Stephen Turner    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
  Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England