This is somewhat off topic, but I've been bugged by this since the day I
started looking into HTTP protocol:

Apache (apparently) and many other software systems use the word "referer" to
mean "resource from which the agent was referred."

HTTP protocol defines the headers as "REFERRER".

My (American) English dictionary spells this work "Referrer," as do all my
spell check dictionaries. Is the above a misspelling in the Apache server
(along with all the other programmers who can't spell -- my self included), or
is this an alternate spelling in some other dialect?

--
Jeremy Wadsack
OutQuest Magazine