Hi Aengus,

My understanding is that you have to explicitly tell Analog to
do DNS READ from the CGI arguments, despite the DNS settings in
your ANALOG.CFG.  You also have to specify the location of the
DNS lookup file in the same argument.  The CGI program defaults
to DNS NONE otherwise which is what I believe you are
experiencing.

for example:

        dn=/usr/local/analog/dnsfile.txt

See point 8 in the 'troubleshooting' section of 'form interface
and cgi program' in Stephen's documentation.

best regards,

Jon Alsbury,
Intranet Developer, Information Systems and Services,
University of North London, 166 - 220 Holloway Road,
London N7 8DB, United Kingdom.

Founder of the UK's first PCP Users Group: www.nlpug.org

Aengus Lawlor wrote:

> I just need a quick sanity check here, before I spend a lot of time
> trying to solve something that possible doesn't work?
>
> I can run analog at the command line, and, with
>
> DNSFILE dnsfile.txt
> DNS WRITE
>
> in my ANALOG.CFG, I get a Host report with names in it, and a Domains
> report.
>
> But when I access the same CFG file through ANLGFORM, I get numerical IP
> addresses, and 100% unresolved numerical addresses in the Domain report.
>
> ANLGFORM.EXE also seems to honour HOSTFLOOR, but ignores
> HOSTSORTBY REQUESTS
>
> Am I missing something obvious?
begin:vcard
n:Alsbury;Jon
tel;fax:020 7753 5120
tel;work:020 7753 3202
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:University of North London;Information Systems and Services
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Intranet Developer
adr;quoted-printable:;;Tower Building SG04=0D=0A166 - 220 Holloway Road;London;;N7 8DB;UK
fn:Jon Alsbury
end:vcard