> I don't see why. Log files compress *very* nicely (typically 95%-98%
> compression ratios at maximum compression), and Analog has no problem with
> compressed log files. Disk space is cheap nowadays, so why would keeping
> six years of log files be crazy? I have Analog running on three years'
> worth, and I'm sure there's people on this list who've got that beat.

Quite true, quite true, they do, but that's simply don't an option I'm
looking at in this case. Yes, we have more than enough space in there to
handle that. What I don't want to do is have 120 virtual domains, with 3
years of log files each, being reanalyzed every week.

I don't care how good Analog is - that's just not a server load, or a
process I would like to see happening. Nothing against Analog, of course.

So, scratch the idea of keeping the log files. Do I have any other option?

Kevin Hemenway
Total Net NH, LLC              EMAIL: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
15 Pleasant St., Suite 11      WEBSITE: <http://www.totalnetnh.net/>
Concord, NH 03301              PHONE: (603) 225-8422