Ricardo Garrido wrote:

> I´ve got a problem with my log format. I´m trying to "tell" the program how
> the format is with LOGFORMAT but it doesn´t work.
>
> My logs are of this kind:
>
>         #Fields:  time  c-ip  cs-method  cs-uri-stem  sc-status
>         11:48:33  170.253.132.1  GET  /Default.htm  200
>
> And i put in my analog.cfg this command:
>
>         LOGFORMAT  (%h:%n:%j  %S  %j  %r  %c)
>
> I think this is correct but... well, the warnings are:
>
>         c:\analog 4.11\analog.exe: Warning C: Ignoring corrupt format line
> in logfile
>         c:\analog 4.11\analog.exe:...cont...: (reason: time without date or
> viceversa)
>         c:\analog 4.11\analog.exe: Warning L: Large number of corrupt lines
> in logfile
>                 c:\logZamudio\w3svc6\ex001105.log: try different LOGFORMAT
>                         Current logfile format:
>                                 #Fields:\n
>                                 #%j\n
>
> * The forth line is where my log archives are.

[1] You don't need to specify a format for W3C Extended logfiles, Analog will
autoparse them.

[2] You need to include a date in each logfile line. Analog told you this in
the message above: "reason: time without date or viceversa".

If you are running IIS, you can add the date field by going into the Microsoft
Management Console for IIS, find each web site, go to properties and select the
logs tab. In the advnaced settings for the logs, check the 'date' option.

To recover the use of your old logs, look at the tools available on the Helper
Applications page.

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group