voytek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 7 May 2002 10:14:31 +0100, Aengus wrote:
>
>> "Failed to open logfile" means that Analog couldn't find the file,
>> or it didn't have permission to open it. I presume you are
>> generating this output manually, and not running Analog from a
>> scheduled batch file?
>
> well.... both. is there a difference.... ?

Yes. A scheduled batch file runs with the permissions of the scheduler,
which doesn't necessarily have the same rights to access the log file as
you do when you run the batchfile yourself.

> yes, I can see it fails to open the log files, that was my original
> Q, is there something thataltered in the way Analog expects input
> files specified, since version 5 ?

There's nothing wrong with the way you specified the log files, or
Analog wouldn't be able to reference them in the warning message, would
it? Analog is reading what you specified, it's just not able to open the
files you specified

>> I've checked on NT4 and Windows 2000, and access* does expand to
>> include access.log, but I have a sneaking suspicion that under
>> Win9x, it might not. I notice that you are running 5.22/OS2 -
>> perhaps wildcard expansion is the problem? have you tried LOGFILE
>> k:\users\sbt.net.au\logs\access*.* ?
>
> yes.
>
> I have a few of these in such a format:
> E:\analog]dir \users\sbt.net.au\logs\access*

> 29/09/97  18:37        394           0  access.sep2997.gz
>  1/10/98   0:08      12326           0  access.sep301998.gz
>  1/10/99   0:03      31691           0  access.sep301999.gz
> 30/09/97  19:07        315           0  access.sep3097.gz
>       804 file(s)   10791732 bytes used

Just as a matter of interest, have you tried to uncompress the files
first, to see if it makes any difference? Perhaps the problem us with
the uncompressing, rather than with Analog itself.

Aengus