Dirk,

Browser stats here: https://analytics.wikimedia.org/dashboards/browsers/#
all-sites-by-os do not detail all linux distros as we do not report on
anything below 0.05% of our request ratio. As such, Linux Mint is no longer
reported distinctively.

The point you made about Linux Mint not being identified correctly still
stands though, we use ua parser (java) to parse our user agents.  There
might be a fix you could upstream if Mint is at all discoverable on URL?
See: https://github.com/ua-parser/uap-core/blob/master/regexes.yaml#L889

If, however, the UA is truly no different in Mint than Ubuntu for FF (prior
to version 10 of Mint) I do not think it should be on Wikimedia to report
that oddity. It is one of many on the browser world and when you look at
browser data you have to bear in mind that it can only be as good as user
agents are.

Given the major shift to mobile from our traffic it is likely that Mint
market share has lowered. Out of curiosity I took a look and we have 226600
pageviews (not requests) identified in the month of September, versus
438848 (again, pageviews, not requests) last August.

Overall that is <0.0001% of our traffic which means that Mint will not be
displayed in overall stats any time soon, even if we change our reports to
add a bit more granularity.

Thanks,

Nuria

PS. A pageview is defined (more or less) as a request for main document
that returns a 200, the numbers I reported do not take into account static
resources requests.