>Just to verify what you are saying, would it be right to say that the bug
fix caused
>a a lot of pageviews to be moved from the respective (nonexistent) pages
to "-" pageviews?

No, the bugfix makes those faulty requests to no longer be stored as
pageviews thus it cannot make that number increase.  I am not sure we can
link the surge of "-" pageviews in October to any determined cause without
further research. Have filed ticket to that extent, hopefully we can get to
it before we do away with raw data:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T150990

>And, does that means that the current estimate of "-" pageviews is more
accurate than it used to be prior to the bug fix?
No, it doesn't.