You can always create layouts programatically, and it is also possible to
add widgets programatically to the layouts declared in xml files.
All widgets provide constructors which you can use to create them
programatically..There are methods corresponding to each xml attribute for
any widget, so you can set properties programatically. Check out the
documentation on widgets for those.

For example, you can add a TextView to your xml declared layout as follows:

LinearLayout l = (LinearLayout)findViewById(R.id.widget27);
        TextView label = new TextView(this);
        label.setText("test");
        l.addView(label, new LinearLayout.LayoutParams(
                LinearLayout.LayoutParams.FILL_PARENT,
                LinearLayout.LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT));

Hope that helps.

-Megha