shilpi jhilmil wrote:
> caN U HELP ME PLZ.
> I M THE beginer of android.
> i am facing a problem.
> i want to make call from my application..for that i am using Intent...
>
> My Code is...
> package android.phonedialer;
>
> import android.app.Activity;
> import android.content.Intent;
> import android.os.Bundle;
> import android.net.Uri;
>
> public class AndroidPhoneDialer extends Activity {
>     /** Called when the Activity is first created. */
>     @Override
>     public void onCreate(Bundle icicle) {
>     super.onCreate(icicle);
>     setContentView(R.layout.main);
>     /** Create our Intent to call the Dialer */
>     /** Pass the Dialer the number 5551212 */
>     Intent DialIntent = new
>     Intent(Intent.DIAL_ACTION,Uri.parse("tel:9999052325"));
>     /** Use NEW_TASK_LAUNCH to launch the Dialer Activity */
>     DialIntent.setLaunchFlags(Intent.NEW_TASK_LAUNCH );
>     /** Finally start the Activity */
>     startActivity(DialIntent);
>     }
>     }
>
> I am getting error in "Intent.DIAL_ACTION" and Intent.NEW_TASK_LAUNCH
> Its saying that these cannot be resolved..
> Please anyone help me..

If you look in the documentation for Intent:

http://code.google.com/android/reference/android/content/Intent.html

you will see that DIAL_ACTION is now ACTION_DIAL. I think
setLaunchFlags(Intent.NEW_TASK_LAUNCH) is now
setFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK), though I am not completely certain.

The example you are working from is probably for the older M5 SDK, so
you may have other changes you need to make to have it work on the
current SDK.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com