I am learning API related to sound playing.  I was understanding code
for it. The code is as below.

private void playAudio(Integer media) {
        try {
            switch (media) {
                case LOCAL_AUDIO:
                    /**
                     * TODO: Set the path variable to a local audio
file path.
                     */
                    path = "";
                    if (path == "") {
                        // Tell the user to provide an audio file URL.
                        Toast.makeText(
                                        MediaPlayerDemo_Audio.this,
                                        "Please edit MediaPlayer_Audio
Activity, "
                                                + "and set the path
variable to your audio file path."
                                                + " Your audio file
must be stored on sdcard.",
                                        Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();

                    }
                    mMediaPlayer = new MediaPlayer();
                    mMediaPlayer.setDataSource(path);
                    mMediaPlayer.prepare();
                    mMediaPlayer.start();
                    break;

I could not understand the block of code after the condition if
(path=="").

What Toast.makeText() will do ? FRom my understanding it is not
intializing any value to path variable so at the end of that code
block the value of path will be ""(blank) after that there is a code
to play file by giving path but the value of path is blank so will
there be any exception ?

I hope some one will give reply.