From: android-beginners@googlegroups.com
[mailto:android-beginn...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of King of Camelot
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 12:52 PM
To: Android Beginners
Subject: [android-beginners] Additional Contact Information

Hi all. New to Android, so I'm just trying to get a grasp of what's possible
for an application and what's not.

Let's say for example I wanted to add a 'Favorite Food Type' drop-down box
to the contact view UI. This way when you add new contacts, or modify old
ones, you can select a favorite food type for that individual, that the
application I'm making would then use to display all individuals who like
the food type you're currently craving. (Just an example application)

And just to clarify, by the contact view UI, I mean the interface you see
when you go to contacts and select an individual. In other words, the screen
that lets you modify their contact information.

Now, would it be possible for an application to insert this drop-down box
into the default contact view UI? Or would the application need to show all
contacts itself and force the user to do the food type selections in the
application?

The first options is preferable. If that isn't possible, there's also a
third potential option where the application overrides the default contact
view UI with it's own.

Anybody know which of these is possible, and how to implement?
(Although the in-application version need not explanation)

Thanks!

6:07 PM