Fading the background is what dialogs do by default, and there is no
way to tell the dialog not to. To display a dialog on top of a picture
without it fading, I recommend making your own dialog class based on
the Android one.

Yusuf Saib
Android
·T· · ·Mobile· stick together
The views, opinions and statements in this email are those of the
author solely in their individual capacity, and do not necessarily
represent those of T-Mobile USA, Inc.