Hi

I have an engine type application written in portable C++ that I would
like to port to Android and then add a UI to interact with it.
Every book I've looked at on amazon relating to Android development
just concentrates on writing Apps using Java.
And I can find books elsewhere about Linux 2.6 Kernal development.

But I've not been able to find anywhere (including in the Android
documentation) about how to link the two layers together.

Is there somewhere that describes how to add services in the kernel
and make them available to the Java layer for apps to use?

Thanks