I'm developing my first Android application. I've got it working, in a
basic, "It compiles, it links, and it even accepts input and doesn't
crash," sort of way. I'm seeing a very strange behavior, though, when
I deploy it to my DROID (android version 2.0.1). If I start the app
with the phone held so that it's in a portrait orientation, there's
enough room for all the layout elements and the screen does not have
any scrollbars. If I start the app with the phone held so that it's in
landscape orientation (slide the keyboard out, or just hold the phone
up as if to use the camera) there isn't enough vertical space for all
the elements and there's a scrollbar on the right.

Now for the mystery: if I start out in portrait mode and then turn the
phone over to landscape, the screen gets reoriented but *no scrollbar
appears*. Am I missing some callback? Is there something like an
"orientation changed" event that I should listen for and tell the view
to redraw?