Hi Julien,

Just joining this conversation and I have some questions.

I actually do have a physical arm64 device that I am trying to act as a
hypervisor to run multiple androids on. I am running Ubuntu 20.04 on the
aarch64 host and I believe what you have outlined is of great help, but I
am running into some issues....

Here's what I've done to recap
- Generated the empty userdata.img and cache.img
- Generated rootfs.img and placed the contents of /vendor and /system into
the block that were generated from running lunch from AOSP 10 arm64
- I moved contents of /system to be on the same level as /vendor within
rootfs
- I made the /vendor/etc/fstab.ranchu to include only the two lines you
mention above removing any defaults
- combined the defconfig, android-base, recommended and recommended-arm64
config files.
- created a directory in /vendor/lib called /modules and added all the
modules.* files and kernel directory that was generated from running the
following commands

*make ARCH=arm64 menuconfig, exit, save: yes.make ARCH=arm64
CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-gnu- -j $(nproc)make ARCH=arm64
CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-gnu- INSTALL_MOD_PATH=/home/user/Desktop/
INSTALL_MOD_STRIP=1 modules_install*
- Made the Image.gz, rootfs.img, userdata.img, cache.img all be
incorporated into the kvm command which is identical to what you have. I
didn't change anything regarding the qemu command.

So I think I followed the instructions but I am getting a *"Kernel panic -
not syncing: Requested init /init failed"* error when I try and boot.

A few questions regarding the section on "*Manufacturing an up to date 5.10
ARM64 Android kernel" *

- When you said "root" of the kernel file tree, did you mean to place the*
'.config'* file in *'arch/arm64/configs/'*? or in root of the project where
the .config file gets generated after running make
- Do I need to append the configs you mention that are missing before I run
*'make
ARCH=arm64 menuconfig'*? I assume so since it generates a new .config file.

>From my understanding from reading previous conversation about "init", it's
not able to find it that executable so how can I work through this issue?

Appreciate any help anyone can provide,

Thanks!