On Aug 20, 7:55 am, kokuryu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It looks like Android is only being released for people to make simple
> handheld games with.  With no usable Bluetooth API in the 0.9 SDK nor
> in the release 1.0 SDK or release 1.0 device,

The API documentation does not say that there will be no Bluetooth
API, only that the API will not be comprehensive. This suggests that
by the time of 1.0, a partial API may be implemented. I have little
doubt that a comprehensive Bluetooth API is near the top of the list
of things that need to be done shortly after the 1.0 release.

> Sorry, but I dont have time to write any games - I'm
> writing serious applications.

I'm sorry, but get over yourself.  Even with the current state of the
Android Bluetooth API (and I really wish there was more information
about the upstream issues), there is plenty of room for 'real'
application development.  And the lack of a comprehensive API does not
mean that the phone won't support Bluetooth altogether.  HTC would not
release a smartphone in this day and age that lacked Bluetooth
support.  At worst, we may need to wait until the 1.1 firmware to be
able to write applications that fully utilize Bluetooth.

This is an unfortunate turn of events, that is certain.  But the lack
of a comprehensive API does not mean the lack of any support
whatsoever.

Jeff Craig