code_android_festival_way wrote:
> In M5 I only called "getCurrentLocation()" and everything was fine.
> Now as the methode is gone I need to set this update request to the
> LocationManager in order to get a not outdatet position. To achieve
> that I have to loop inside my "geo location" class and wait for the
> Listener to be invoked in order to be able to return some location
> from the "geo location" class.

Off the cuff, I suspect you will need to have whatever code uses
GeoProvider switch to supporting asynchronous delivery of location data.
It may no longer be possible to synchronously get your current position.

But, I won't be diving into the new mapping code until this weekend at
the earliest, so I can't comment on how better to handle your situation
until then.

If you're still struggling come Monday, send me an email to remind me to
post something.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com