I don't really understand what you want to do here. If you want a view
with an EditText area and a couple of Buttons, just create a view with
those things in them.

I'm not sure why this needs to be an AlertDialog. The AlertDialog is
really just a convenience class for for creating a common type of
view. I haven't looked at the Browser source, but my guess is that its
not using the AlertDialog class, it creating its own view that just
looks similar.

Cheers,
Justin
Android Team @ Google