Hi,

If you want an alert that looks like a dialog, you can use
andoid:theme="@android:style/Theme.Dialog" in your manifest.  There is
an example in API demos for doing this.

If you are specifically looking for the functionality of AlertDialog
in an activity, unfortunately for 1.0 we are not going to have time to
implement this.