Thanks for the information..it worked.. another hurdle

1. I download system.db to local
2. edit to add entry (99,'http_proxy','proxy:XXXX');
3. Upload system.db back to device.

but i could not run the browser successfully (i am expecting
http://www.google.com/ to show up on device).

i also tried step 2 above with IP address of the proxy.

could you please support me getting access to internet on device.

thanks.