I tried taking the /system/bin/sqlite3 from the M5 version and
installing it into 0.9_beta but it didn't work. I ran the M5-rc15
emulator with -wipe-data, used adb pull to get the program, ran the
0.9_beta emulator with -wipe-data, ran adb remount to make /system
read write, used adb push to upload sqlite3 to /system/bin, used adb
shell chmod 777 /system/bin/sqlite3 to make it executable, and then
tried to run it in an adb shell. Unfortunately it just returned
immediately with no errors or output.

When you say this "will be fixed in the next release" do you mean (a)
that the Android system image will include a working /system/bin/
sqlite3 that you can run with adb shell (like M5 had), or do you mean
(b) that there will be a Windows (or Linux or Mac) binary installed on
the development computer as part of the SDK?

Also... is there an issue number for tracking this? A quick search
didn't turn up one.

Thanks,
--Ed