In the future, please only include one topic per new post/thread. It
gets very confusing to handle posts like this that have multiple
question in vastly different areas of the platform.

(2) - no, the returned data stream should not be null. Are you doing
an actual null test or just assuming it to be based on the null
pointer error you're getitng in (3)?

(3) - The issue appears to be that in your ContentValue bundle you're
not including a value for MediatStore.Images.Media.BUCKET_ID. This
isn't very well documented and I'm not even sure what BUCKET_ID is
using it for, but in my testing, specifying an arbitrary value for it
eliminates the NPE in Pictures. I'll also note that somewhat counter-
intuitively MediaStore.Images.Media.TITLE is the "name" of the image
in Pictures. I've posted source at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/web/CameraApiTest.zip
, which is an extension of code that Megha provided before.

Cheers,
Justin
Android Team @ Google