Janosch wrote:
> I think this is due to xml-apis.jar; it includes the javax.xml package
> which isn't fully available in android core.
>
> Is there anything I can do, try or fix? I am feeling clueless at this
> point. Maybe I am trying something impossible.

The good news is that the package you are trying to use (commons.scxml)
is open source.

First, just try downloading the commons.scxml source code and building
it on your machine with your own Java compiler, then use the JAR file
you just compiled in your Android app instead of any binary distribution
from the commons.scxml project. I ran into problems with Beanshell
(http://beanshell.org) which this technique solved. This assumes,
though, that you're using a 1.5 or greater Java compiler -- I have the
sneaking suspicion this error comes from older compiled JARs (e.g., 1.4.x).

If that does not clear up your problem, you can try merging the
commons.scxml source into your own project's source tree, and try
building it as a whole, though I am not certain that will improve
matters any.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com