The AliasActivity looks interesting, as a way to redirect a user to
another activity/intent under a different name.  I can see this being
used to put a launcher icon to a document/url. But I don't see any
examples of it, or documentation of the XML to configure it.  (From
the docs: "To use this activity, you should include in the manifest
for the associated component an entry named "android.app.alias". It is
a reference to an XML resource describing an intent that launches the
real application. ")

Does anyone have any pointers?

Secondly, I think I want to make a something that acts similar to the
AliasActivity as my app's entry point, but redirects to the most
recently used activity.  Calling startActivity() followed by finish()
still invokes the activity after returning from the child activity
(its still on the activity stack, despite the finish() call), leading
to a loop that re-enters the child.  What should I be doing instead?
(I.e., What does AliasActivity do?)

Anxiously awaiting the sources so I can answer these types of
questions on my own.

Anm