Thanks Mega for looking into this

I am seeing the sdcard from the emulator..When i start the emulator i have
given the option in eclipse of the location of the sdcard.So after i
download the file I want to view this file in the SDcard.I only see this the
file in the DDMS mode,so the file has actually been downloaded.But I have
not been able to figure out as to what stops me from seeing the file in the
sdcard.

Thanks
Guru