Ok great thanks for the help!

-----Original Message-----
From: android-developers@googlegroups.com
[mailto:android-develop...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of QR
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2010 1:53 PM
To: Android Developers
Subject: [android-developers] Re: Development phones question

http://forum.xda-developers.com/ has information on "rooting" most HTC
android devices, while http://www.droidforums.net/ covers most
Motorola devices. Rooting a device allows you to install the
engineering bootloader found on dev phones and flash versions of
android that are not signed with the production keys. This is not
provided by or in any way affiliated with Google. This will void your
warranty. That said, I rooted my G1 on day one, and have been very
happy with the increased functionality of my device.

Because of the lack of specificity in your post (no phone model,
manufacturer, or android version), I can't be any more helpful than
this. In the future, please be more specific in your questions.