On Jun 28, 6:10 pm, Andy Savage <a...@bluewire.net.nz> wrote:
> With certain types of well formed RTSP streams the mediaplayer class can
> play it directly.
>
> http://m.youtube.comis a great example of some well formed feeds, but most
> RTSP feeds from the net seem to work fine.
>
> I've also managed to get ffserver streaming fine to it using H.264.

I was having a lot of problems getting RTSP working over EDGE or 3G.
Finally I figured out that
it only works when your rtsp server is actually on port 554. I was
testing with ffserver on 5454
before, which worked over my local wifi but never over the GSM
network. I guess that makes
sense since everything is being NAT'd or proxied, and the proxy
servers will only recognize the
traffic if it's on a standard port.